What Are The Dowsing Basics?
Most people think that if they can get a yes/no response from a pendulum, they are dowsing. Unfortunately, there is more to dowsing than that. Learning to dowse is pretty easy, but you can't master technique if you don't know what it is. So let's look at what the basic steps of dowsing are:
- Have a goal in mind, something you need or want an answer about which rational means cannot give you.
- Formulate a very clear question including who, what, where, when, how and why (as appropriate). Avoid vague words. Write the question down. A good dowsing question is usually long, not short.
- Get into a dowsing state, the altered mental state required for dowsing. Ask your question.
- Allow the answer to come through.
- Do your best to find out at some point if you were ‘right' or ‘wrong'.
That's all there is to it, but there are pitfalls at each step of the process, and a good course and practice will help you overcome them and become a masterful dowser.
What To Do If You Lack Confidence
It is normal to mistrust your dowsing answers when you are new to dowsing. The best way to become confident and accurate is to master the technique and then practice–a lot.
The best way to master technique is through study and learning. Our Discovering Dowsing course is a great way to learn. It's affordable and comprehensive. You can also learn a lot by using the free materials on this site.
Even if you take a good course and read and study, your confidence won't grow if you don't practice. Practice allows you to apply what you have learned and to be rewarded with good answers and to learn from wrong answers. Dowsing is a skill, not a psychic power. Be patient with yourself and enjoy the learning curve.
People tell us, “But I can't think what to dowse about.” Download a free copy of our book 101 Amazing Things You Can Do With Dowsing and use the ideas in it. It's free on all online sites. We give you good dowsing questions and even tell you how to avoid pitfalls and interpret results.
Don't lose interest in dowsing. Don't doubt yourself. You are able to dowse and dowse well. Just give yourself time to learn. Start with the basics. Use the free materials we offer, then get our course.
What is your experience? Did you find your dowsing improved when you learned proper technique? Were you mistrustful of your answers before that? Please comment below.