Pendulum movements meanings
Sounds like a mouthful, doesn't it? But this is a subject which crops up a lot particularly amongst new dowsers. They are using a pendulum and have got used to it doing one thing for a yes answer and a different thing for a no answer. Then, out of nowhere, the pendulum’s movement is new and different.
At that point, because they are new, they usually ask what does that change of movement in the pendulum mean? After all, a pendulum’s movements have to have some meaning, don’t they?
The point is, that question can’t be answered. That’s not to say that there is not an answer. There is. But the answer will be unique to that person. A pendulum’s movements meanings are different for different people. Your ‘yes’ and ‘no’ responses might be different to the next person’s responses. So, what is your ‘yes’ might be their ‘strange new movement’.
Despite not being able to answer one person’s question about what is happening when the pendulum moves differently, there are a range of possible reasons for it happening.
Now, note that I said this is a question which is mostly asked by dowsing newbies. That’s because everyone, after a while, finds a change of movement if they are using a pendulum. It’s the first time which catches people out. Also, newbies are not yet confident enough in dowsing to use it to find out what is going on. After all, they’ve only had maybe one or two short lessons and that’s it. The rest of the time, they’re on their own.
So, in no particular order, what follows are the list of usual reasons for strange or new pendulum movements.
- Your ‘yes’ and ‘no’ have changed. This can and does happen. Sometimes overnight.
- The question you asked is either a) poorly phrased, b) impossible to answer (for whatever reason), and c) one you do not have the skill / knowledge / permission to ask, or understand the answer (check which applies in your case)
- It’s a stupid or pointless question (i.e., a category which is not included in B above).
- You are not ready to have the answer. This applies more to those dowsers who have the belief that they have to be ‘connected’ to something in some way before they can dowse, or have to be protected by something or someone first.
- It indicates that someone or something is trying to make contact with you. Again, this only happens to those dowsers mentioned in 4 above.
- You simply lost focus when dowsing!
This list covers the usual reasons for strange pendulum movements. It’s up to you to find out what it means in your case.
But remember! Dowsing is all about asking questions. So, if something strange happens to your pendulum, then start asking about it and find out for yourself.
Has something like this happened to you when dowsing? Did you find out why? Let us know in the comments section below.